Hey!!!

Welcome to this amazing site!! Look around but don't get too comfortable.

Married Life, a new born baby, and other surprises

Monday, March 23, 2009

Round 10

Hello carazy peoples!!

It seems like this is one long boxing fight. 16 rounds of it. Which is 16 weeks of it. We are in week 10!!! When you hit half way in the spring, it just seems like one big blur. It doesn't even seem to have a middle, it just moves from the beginning of the semester to the end of the semester.

Well, Bible Conference is over but that does not mean that we shouldn't forget the messages preached. Certainly a lot of good challenges. There were some messages that seemed that wouldn't apply to me. For example, the last two messages were for married people. Does that mean I couldn't learn anything? No. According to the Bible, I must receive instruction and hear counsel that I might be wise in my latter end (my paraphrase from Proverbs).

One thing I strongly dislike is when someone in a service decides to read their Bible rather than listening to someone preach because they don't think the message applies to them. Well, according to my paraphrase from Proverbs, it was for them. The Bible also says, A wise man will hear and will increase learning. It doesn't matter if you think (our problem today) the message doesn't apply to you, its for your benefit in the end. It may not be for today but it is for the future.

There is nothing wrong with thinking but that is what gets us into trouble a lot of times. When we think too much and read into something too much, we're not helping ourselves. We're hurting ourselves. Adam and Eve thought too much and tried to cover their sin with fig leaves but that only made it worse. Cain thought too much and brought a sacrifice that what he thought was acceptable but was rejected.

When you think next time that a message won't help you, think again and listen to the message because it will help you be wise in your latter end.

For His purpose,

Shane Gordon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I guess I would be guilty a lot of times on that one! thanks for the challenge!

Psalm 40:3

Anonymous said...

well she just likes being a princess!

Rachel Lynn said...

We did have a great Bible Conference. Like you said, the challenge now is to REMEMBER and let God use what He taught us that week to change us in the weeks ahead!

Alicia said...

Shane, I have to say you made me laugh here. Is it possible that someone might learn something directly from God rather than the preacher that day? And that God might be sovereign over that? Is it also not possible that some people are capable of reading their Bible wile still being able to give you an outline of the sermon? Many people can. I just recently read a study that was about people that doodle, etc. while listening to a lecture and that it actually helps people focus. When the task at hand does not fully engage your mind, doing more than one thing can actually keep your thoughts from drifting completely.

Just some food for thought. It's always good not to assume someone's motives.

Matt & Becky Flegal

Matt & Becky Flegal
This is Matt and Becky Flegal. These two got married in August. I was a groomsmen. I stayed with his parents & their family over this past weekend.

a flegal

a flegal

Basketball team

Basketball team
This was two years ago. It was a good team. I am whats left of that team. Everyone has either graduated or left the college.

Wally World

Wally World
I like to visit that place a lot. I practically live there sometimes. You should see all of the passes that have been signed to go there. Most likely my name has showed up the most on the passes to Wal-Mart.