Hey!!!

Welcome to this amazing site!! Look around but don't get too comfortable.

Married Life, a new born baby, and other surprises

Monday, January 24, 2011

Frozen

Brrrrr!!!! Hello

Yup, you guessed it...its freezing. So here's the deal, try to understand, when it gets to minus 25 Celsius or colder, we need to plug in our vehicles up here. So I worked this past Saturday but they gave me one of the company vehicles because I would be picking up and dropping off workers. So I only had one extension cord and two vehicles to plug in, mine and Stanton's. So, obviously Stanton's needed to be plugged in all night in order for it to start Saturday morning.

Usually, a vehicle needs to be plugged in for about 2 hours to be able to start. So it was about 7:15 in the AM when I plugged my vehicle in. Then when it came to lunch time from work at 12pm. I went to start my vehicle and poof!!!...it never started. That is nearly 5 hours and it never started. But it was an easy fix. I called my dad to borrow his cool little battery. He charges it up and it has jumper cables built into it and then you just hook it to your vehicle and bam!! It'll start.

Well, the temperature that day was about minus 37 Celsius and minus 44 Celsius with the wind chill. Its about minus 30 now and so it has warmed up a little bit.

Which brings me to another problem, where Sandy and I live is not connected to the town water and so we have a water tank and a sewage tank. The water tank never froze because it has heat blowing right onto it. The sewage tank on the other hand is in the back corner of the house and well with how cold it is and the heat not reaching it in good time...it iced up a little bit inside but not entirely.

So there is a gasoline heater in the ranch garage and I fired that up this morning and it has melted majority of the ice but I shut it off and going to keep it off for a few hours because of the fumes. The ranch is a trailer and the sewage tank is in the basement of the house and so it smells a little bit and well, I don't want Sandy, William, and myself to be getting high off the fumes. So I will turn it back on later today and finish off that ice.

So that was my adventure with the cold.

For His purpose,

Shane Gordon.

2 comments:

Anna Payne said...

You should post again...

Rachel Lynn said...

Never a dull moment in the arctic! :)

Matt & Becky Flegal

Matt & Becky Flegal
This is Matt and Becky Flegal. These two got married in August. I was a groomsmen. I stayed with his parents & their family over this past weekend.

a flegal

a flegal

Basketball team

Basketball team
This was two years ago. It was a good team. I am whats left of that team. Everyone has either graduated or left the college.

Wally World

Wally World
I like to visit that place a lot. I practically live there sometimes. You should see all of the passes that have been signed to go there. Most likely my name has showed up the most on the passes to Wal-Mart.